Monday, July 18, 2016

July 14 Day 25

Day 25.  Dubois to Lander Wyoming- 78 miles

Day started great from our getto RV camp spot on the edges of the Longhorn RV park.  I took 2 showers while I was there.  Ride started again with more views of red rocks area on a road with descent shoulder.  I made good time and eventually entered the Wind River reservation which really changes what there is to look at.  However soon I passed Crowheart butte which was where chief Washaskie cut out the heart of a crow warrior and pranced around.  When I entered the town of Fort Washakie I pedaled to the gravesite of Sacajawea with the help of a local native.  Once I saw her grave, the site took my breath away.  She was buried next to her adopted son Bazil and her birth son Baptiste.  I stayed for awhile thinking what her life was like.  Soon I made my final approach into Lander where T and L had already set up camp in the Sink Canyon state park about 9 miles outs rid of Lander.  Beautiful area with cliffs and Popo Agie creek.  I recommend going here.

No comments:

Post a Comment