Monday, July 18, 2016

July 15 day 26

Day 26 Lander to Muddy Gap Wyoming 92 miles

When we talked about camping in Muddy gap I had visualized something very different from reality. The day started with a beautiful ride out of Lander up to the Beaver rim.  From here there was an amazing view of the valley and the Wind River mountains in the distance.  Soon I was traveling on a desolate part of Wyoming which would leave one wondering why anyone would travel on the road.  I started to think this was alien country and the town of Jeffrey City had been abducted.  Jeffrey Citywas a pitiful excuse for a town.  I met t and l there, quickly ate my sandwich then rolled on to the muddy gap I had in my mind.  Well, Wyoming in its true form did not disappoint but my vision was not reality.  We camped off the side of the road where large trucks can stop to rest on a long day.  Well, I had a long day and could not muster any energy to push on.  We passed the time in the Aliner by telling stories and playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment