Monday, July 18, 2016

July 16 day 27

day 27. Muddy Gap to Saratoga 82 miles

Well another rough day in Wyoming.  Left early to get ahead of the winds and quickly made my way to Rawlins though country that was more of the same, high sage brush hills and lots of road kill.  I arrived in Rawlins which was much less than desirable.  I quickly ate some food and spinned past the Sinclair refinery, and onto the 12 miles of interstate riding that I had to do to get to highway 130.  Ugh it was awful but made quick time cause of a welcomed tailwind.  Then I turned south and could see the medicine bow mountains start to show up.  Soon I arrived at a nice camp on Lake Saratoga.  We went into town to use the "hobo" or free access to hot springs.  These were awesome and my sore thighs really enjoyed the hot soak followed by a warm shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment