Monday, July 18, 2016

July 17 day 28

day 28 Saratoga Wyoming to Walden Colorado- 80 miles

Wyoming redeemed itself today by a beautiful ride south to Riverside and Encampment.  At the visitor center I met a really nice older cowboy who was working there and he told me all about the area.  He also told me to ride up to the museum where there is a gathering with cinnamon rolls, coffee and orange juice.  Enough said so I made the mile ride and got me free grub and wandered around the very cute museum.  Full, I got on my bike and made my way south out of wyoming and into Colorado.  Big fire was going in the area so I had to make quick time to get out of the smoke.  This was hard with a fierce headwind but soon I arrive in Walden.  We camped the awesome city park and enjoyed a great Colorado evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment