Friday, July 22, 2016

July 19 day 30

day 30 Kremmling to Frisco---51 miles

Woke to rain and feeling very tired.  Then saw a double rainbow in the mourning rain.  Very cool.  Jodie reminded me that when mom died there was a double rainbow.  It was beautiful and something I had not seen before.  I hopped a ride to get me to the construction on highway 9 then past the part of the highway that felt very dangerous to ride, no shoulder and crumbly edge, in the rain with lots of cars and trucks.  This is actually how Colorado has been and has been a very scary state to ride in.  Soon there was a shoulder and I rode the 10 miles into Silverthorne and then to the bike path that took me to the camping near Frisco.  Beatific area and I was there early enough to enjoy some downtime and a trip into Frisco and breakenridge.  Barbara and Cenna joined us for the evening and we had a great time chatting until after dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment