Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 13 day 24

Day 24 coulter bay to Dubois Wyoming.  70 miles

I must say I love Wyoming.  Wide shoulders on the roads and tailwinds!  And the beauty is incredible.  Started the day in freezing temperatures and made my way south along the Tetons.  Then I turned east to Moran junction then up the Togwotee pass.  Wow this was beautiful!  Climbed to 8900' to a green meadows and plateau before the final climb to 9500'.  Peaks everywhere but very cold with the wind.  I guickly ate half my sandwich and bar and sped off down the pass with a tailwind all the way to Dubois.  I was so surprised by how cute this town in which is nestled in the Red Hills and the wind River peaks on the wind River.  We found ghetto camping at an RV park.  Cold night will let me sleep well for another day of riding my bike.  I'm having so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment