Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 9 day 20

Happy birthday sis!  July 9 day 20 Virginia city to quake lake visitor center.

Today was tamara's birthday so we started by signing to her and after I took off for Ennis, they went to old Virginia city for breakfast.  I went over a pass into Ennis for a quick stop.  Down the pass gave me awesome views of the Madison River valley.  Then the headwinds hit and I battled the 25-30 mph winds for 45 miles.  Finally arrived at the Quake lake visitor center where an earthquake in 1959 caused a landslide that killed many campers along the Madison River then damned the river to make the new lake.  We found camping at beaver creek campground, celebrated Tamaras birthday and played Farkel where I let her win for her birthday.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment