Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 12 day 23

Day 23. West Yellowstone to Coulter bay on Jackson lake in the Teton National park. 90 miles

Went through the gate at west Yellowstone at 6 am and 30 degrees.   Very cold but needed to get a jump on the traffic through the park.  With no one at the gate I quickly entered the park and made my way along the Madison River looking for animals.  With the cold and fog rising, this made a very beautiful ride but my feet froze.  By 8:30 I was past the turn to old faithful and made my way to west thumb on Yellowstone lake.  But then the rode to the south entrance narrowed to no shoulder so I rode as fast as I could over the continental divide 3 times and then down a huge hill to then entrance.  Met t and l for lunch then they said the best camping was at coulter bay another 17 miles.  Now worries fore I had a great Wyoming shoulder and amazing views of the Tetons all the way.  When I arrived at the Aliner, t and l were on a walk.  Soon they returned to tell me the story of the bear the just saw.  Scared the begeegezes out of my sis and we sat for hours laughing at her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment