Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July 26 day 37

Day 37.  Lamar Colorado to Syracuse Kansas.  54 miles

Left Lamar very early and in a hurry fore I was not really fond of this town.  I road along the Arkansas River and in the flat land.  Not much to see except crops of some kind and vacant land.  Soon I met up with t and l on Holly Colorado the home of former governor of Colorado Roy Romer.  Cute little town but very quiet.  I continued on and soon crossed into Kansas the the town of Coolidge where I encounter my first real chase by a dog.  Not sure what kind but look like a pit bull and I had to really step on it.  At 22 mph with a head wind for longer than I wanted it, the dog finally pooped out.   Ugh that was scary and I need to be better prepared next time.  Finally I arrived in Syracuse, our stop for the day.  We had lunch at the very cute Black Bison pub and met dad and Ladonna there as well.  We chatted and they left to go home to Wichita Falls.  We gathers our stuff and went to the pool where for two bucks we enjoyed a afternoon in the cool water and water slides.  After dinner we went back to the black bison pub to play pool, darts and stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment