Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 24 day 35

Day 35.  Another rest day in La Junta Colorado.

I want d to spent maximum time with Chelle as well as my dad so we slept in then had some breakfast of fruit loops and OJ.  Plus lots of not Seattle coffee.  Then we went to Fort Bents National Park just outsid of town in a thin layer of clouds that kept th heat down.  This was an amazing place and we had so much fun checking out the fort of the 1830's that is on th Santa Fe trail.  I really recommend this place.  We then went to lunch/ breakfast in town with folks that were so amazing.  La junta is a surprising and amazing small town in eastern Colorado.  After lunch dad and la Donna left for peublo and Chelle had to leave for Denver.  I hated to have her go.  I miss her everyday I'm gone and can't wait to see her next in Virginia.  Spent the rest of the day getting gear together, planning the rest of my route to Virginia and getting haircuts.

To date I have traded 2285 miles by bicycle and have climbed 68,600 feet.  Fasted speed is 40.4 mph.

Having tons of fun and half way done!

No comments:

Post a Comment