Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22, 2016 Day 3

Day 3; Rose Lodge to Corvaillis; 66 miles

Well, I'm starting to get a sense that the morning ride is not as enjoyable and the after lunch ride.  This was the case this morning.  The route took me along Oregon Highway 18 the "haunted Boyer" or the paranormal highway.  Ugh, it was a challenge with lots of traffic and debris on the road.  I pushed as hard as I could to finally get to Rickreall where I met T and L at Eola winery.  Very nice place for sandwiches in the shade.  Soon, I was off to Corvaillis where my first stop was Corvaillis Cyclery for a new saddle.  I got a Brooks saddle and in about a day it will feel like the leather seats in a car.  Worn and comfortable.  We met up with cousin Todd and his son Jacob at their house.  They are heading to Truckee CA tomorrow fore Todd's other son is running in the Western States 100 mile run.  Go Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment