Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 21, 2016 Day 2

Day 2; Rockaway Beach to Rose Lodge; 64 miles

I entitled this day to be "Looking for a descent road surface" day.  Beautiful ride but the roads were not really ideal, rough, lots of debris, no shoulder, traffic.  Had a quick stop at the Tillamook Cheese factory eating Bit o' Honeys.  Just as good a ice cream and easier on my belly.  Made my way up and over hills, around bays, and finally into Pacific City.  Met up with T and L at the Pelican Brewery for a yummy flatbread lunch.  Too bad it was too early for a beer.  After lunch ride was fabulous with a fast tailwind out of Pacific Beach on the 101.  Soon went onto the old highway 101 that had very little traffic and still a tailwind and a nice 5 mile climb.  Quickly I was down along the Salmon River and into the Salmon River RV park near Rose Lodge.  Very nice evening and a few long term resident were wondering what we were doing.  Most though my trip was a dumb idea, but no worries this trip is for me, not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment