Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 24 Day 5

Day 5:  Corvaillis to McKenzie River Bridge campground; 95 miles

Left Corvaillis early and took my time riding to Armitage state park near Eugene.  Beautiful country side kept me entertained during this ride.  Met T and L at the state park for some lunch then the push to McKenzie Bridge.  As the ride continued east I got more and more into the woods and was nice to feel like I was heading into the mountains.  Arrived at McKenzie Bridge and met Monte who was camping next door.  He was riding to Missoula and a repeat of what he did 40 years ago for the original Bikecentinial.  He was to arrive in Missoula for the ACA 40th party for Bikecentinial.  He was super envious of our SAG setup fore he was carrying gear.  I'm very happy I do not need to carry gear.  Thanks sis and Loren!

No comments:

Post a Comment